We hope you had a great holiday season, and we’re looking forward to sharing some exciting news with you in the new year! In the last milestone, we worked on the company management panel, improved pedestrians in Barcelona, and more. So let’s dive right in!
We’ve added a new electric vehicle into Taxi Life. You can only view it from the outside for now, though; we’ll show you how it looks from the inside next time. Until then, here’s a picture of the new car:
We added a new panel where you can assign cars to drivers. Of course, this is still in the early development of the Company Management system and we’re working hard on fleshing it out as much as we can before the full release of Taxi Life.
We’ve talked about this system before, but now we’re making some real progress. In Taxi Life, aside from company management and the missions you’ll be able to do, there will also be fun things to do on the side, like collect some special items throughout Barcelona. When you want to take a break from grinding and working your business, just step back and enjoy the city skyline as well as other amazing sights there are to explore in Barcelona.
Things we’ve fixed
Development is never a straight path. When one aspect of the game improves, another can become unstable. While some of these issues have been addressed, we wanted to share a few things that we improved upon since last time.
- Pedestrians were a big part of Taxi Life. They made the game feel more alive and more like a real city. We were happy to finally have them in the game, but they left a lot to be desired. So, we took some time from our previous milestones and made them better.
- Destruction system: In the last sprint, we implemented a system for external damage to your car as well as your surroundings so it feels like you ran over a trash can instead of just hitting it.
- Vehicle AI: Another aspect of Taxi Life we’re working on is realistic traffic scenarios. The player should feel like he’s experiencing realistic traffic scenarios as he drives throughout the city. The AI for the cars is turning out great, and it’s getting better and better as we add more and more functionality to it. For example, the AI now knows how to approach an intersection and let pedestrians cross the street.
Finally, we’re working on implementing a save system in Taxi Life. To start with, we’ve already begun adding the following features to the save function:
- When you save your money will be saved
- When you save your experience will be saved
- When you save your position will be saved
- When you save your time of day will be saved
- When you save your vehicle damage will be saved
Happy New Year!
As you can see, we have been pretty busy throughout this time of year and now it’s time to relax and prepare for the new year. We wanted to thank the community for sticking with us throughout this entire year. We are starting to have a great little community surrounding Taxi Life and we’re excited to see it grow. If it’s your first time here, welcome and make sure to join our Discord channel and follow us on all of our socials.
On behalf of Simteract we wish you all a happy new year!
Hasta La Proxima,
Simteract Community Manager